It's a little over 4 months since I went type type in this space. Can't remember when that happened last. The doodles have also been restricted to the "project" types within which lie a few ones which try to just go outside the required task but soon find behaving themselves and getting back to the next milestone or the next to-do. Quite programmed that way. Nicer things like the low window close to the bed, the visible sunrise and sunset (only on weekends though :P), the waking up to chirping birds, and sight of the distant mangroves at the edge of the creek from the window, the "nothing" weekends and limited connectivity are far and few in between. Almost makes me feel like being cut off from civilization, ok maybe not civilization, but only socialization ;) The occasional lazy weekend travel in empty suburb trains, the almost idyllic locality and surroundings (with a so-called zen garden) and in-the-house days don't seem Mumbai at all. But there is always a Monday that comes calling. Like right now. But the Friday night is almost unparalleled. Day-Friday is by far the most testing of the week, with almost everything lined up and waiting to be ticked off.
Saturday of course brings the TOI Crest edition, which is certainly something I have come to enjoy. Such a vivid and varied collection of write ups and stuff that it wants makes me to wake up and take notice. So much more than just newsprint. It easily keeps me occupied till lunch. A 900+ pages, completed book lies close to the bed and everytime I see it I feel "It's done". It's taken almost a year to finish it but of course with my reading habit, that can be expected. The six string is tuned and placed on the other side of the bed waiting to be explored. Wonder how many years that will take. It will never be "done".
An unusual evening dream today led me to a familiar setup and faces. For a moment I felt it was real when I wished on a shooting star in a dream and it came true moments later. But I was still within the dream. As I woke up to the familiar sight of the setting sun and a cup of hot tea I found myself saying, "This could be my second best." Can't wait to find out how it ends. Maybe to be continued....
3 comments:
irrelevant but I want to ask this...
How many guitars in the world must be lying with people who don't intend to paly it anytime soon... or never???
mine is not even tuned and I hav now realized that my inclination is towards percussion instruments and not string ones!! :(
(anyway... please continue ur post..)
Of course your comment is relevant. The fact that it lies close to my bed I think says something. As in it's dusted and "out". And being tuned should give you the idea ;) Just that it has gotten used to my erratic schedules. But Mumbai has made me lazy which sounds quite contradictory :P
nice one! can you elaborate the dream please ;D... i know this situtaion very well many things even i want to do but it just doesnt start man! keep writing sunil.. i thought u will write more since you are in mumbai..
Post a Comment