Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And so it begins...



Well, almost....
The feeling is yet to sink in though.
Maybe it will, by the time the late June rains drench the soil in the front yard of my house in sleepy little Ahmednagar. And I board a train to the madness called Mumbai. Maybe some of it would be contributed by the last Friday at work which will end with a lot of Thank yous and keep in touches, which will be forgotten come Monday. Sunday will be the end in the city, which personally is just too much hype about everything except for the lovely weather which stretches across the calendar. A city which has disappointed me time and again but at the same time given me strength to know what I really want and more importantly what others aligned with me, want. My adventure started well with the "zoo of boys" and later as an obedient relative and even later as a slogging student, to finally end as a reluctant IT office goer. Somewhere in between all this, I did what I felt was right, what I thought was the best thing to do, what I thought would change a few things, what I thought could last sometime if not a lifetime, something that makes me think less of "what-if"

Surrounded by boxes filled with residues of Bangalore that I will carry back, the 1.5 years spent already seem like ages. From unlimited downloads to unlimited dosas, the spectrum stretched wide. Filters for, friends, acquaintances, strange characters, irritating characters, characters whose voice I cannot stand, and many more categories were added to my list, which would not necessarily reflect on any of the social networking site stats. I thoroughly enjoy ignoring friend requests. It's largely been more of "what not to do/have/want/feel/think/expect.....in life"

The city which has eluded me since I was 16, seems to have finally given consent and maybe entwined with it are my dreams and goals which are yet to reach the realm of consciousness.

6 comments:

bhavin said...

a post after a longgg time!!!
anyway, best of luck
:)

Pratima Khadke said...

nice one :) i was waiting for this one..i just thought u will write things before heading towards Mumbai :)

M said...

we are really a generation of nomads. good luck as you move on.

sunilsamuel said...

thanks :)

Aparna said...

all the very best.

Siddhartha Joshi said...

All the best Sunil, though am disappointed that the city disappointed you. For me Bangalore means a lot!

And keep writing...