Wednesday, December 20, 2006

ONE NIGHT STAND....




Well, I'm sure the post won't be as exciting as the title sounds......
but yeah it was a one night stand....almost
With the project not moving as expected (though I'm spending all my time with her), there was an added activity going on. Everyone was busy sending their entries for the international design workshop which is in February as part of the Icograda Design week at IDC, Mumbai.
If your entry is one of the 150 selected ones from all over the world you get to attend the 3 day workshop for free. Or otherwise like us, you only get to attend the conference on two days through a registration fee which is after the workshop.

So, the theme for this competition was 
"Design Local : Stops at all stations"
to be applied to our own contexts and realm of day to day activity.
What better context than NID......which has become the current centre of my life.....so here is what I came up with. Given that the deadline was today, I had decided yesterday evening to give it a try...and started at 12:00....worked till 4 and said okay....I'm done...I'm not sending it.
Then came the morning.... I thought well...what good is this if I don't send it....so let's complete it. Stuck myself to the chair and was up only at 2. Lunch, bath and other chores had gone for a toss. Finally ended up with three alternatives......not too bad...for a one night stand

(p.s. the format was given : a tiled square)

1 comment:

Aparna said...

whatever it is, looks very good! :D