Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NO RAIN

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain
I like watchin the puddles gather rain
And all I can do is just pour some tea for two, and speak my point of view
but it's not sane...it's not sa-ane....its not sa-a-ane

I just want someone to say to me,
I'll always be there when you wake,
Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today
So stay with me and I'll have it made

And I don't understand why I sleep all day
And I start to complain that there's no ra-in
And all I can do is read a book to stay awake,
And it rips my life away...it's a great escape
es-ca-ape....es-ca-pe..es-caa-ape

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain,
Ya don't like my point of view
Ya think I'm insane
It's not sa-ane, it's not sa-a-ane

Well it's been the song I identify with, the most, since the past few years (2.5 years to be precise)...and not surprisingly this was the song i chose for one of our projects called VISUAL NARRATIVE....where we had to visually interpret a song or a poem or a piece of prose.
I thought what else could be better than this. Though there was a period where I had started hating the lyrics and the song itself because the project was going nowhere.
I did end up doing pretty decent stuff I think.......it's so stupid how some things feel good when someone else tells you that it is good.
And now when I'm listening to the song again....I feel....I've done something nice and still continue to relate to "no rain" like before.

I'm here in campus trying to WORK; yeah, work.....that's why I intended to stay back during the vacations. But I relaise that post Friday, I'll be the only one left on the entire 2nd floor of the hostel. The project that had to be completed at a frantic pace (atleast that's what I had decided while going to Pushkar in the bus the other night)is not even finding space on my computer screen. It's become like lost love. I guess I'll have to "rekindle the fire" and create magic. Talk about creating magic...the jury was one such...hehe...wonder how it happened.

Add to it the cough and cold...thanx to the adventurous bike rides under the moonlit skies and on abandoned roads, flirting with the prospects of being caught by the police....
Nonetheless...the spirit still prevails....2 more nights to go....I'm not letting this go so easily....wot say Sumin??
Though I feel a lot better today.....why not...got up at 11 and slept again in the afternoon...haha
One thing I've realised is ....one should not plan too much....in fact one should not plan at all. Sounds frivolous...but at certain times yes....you just have to act on instincts.
There I go again...I don't want to repeat myself!

3 comments:

ecofatigue said...

nice piece..a very pleasant read:)

sunilsamuel said...

thank you...

Daniela J. said...

Great song! Been there...:D