Close to a month in B and a bagful of stuff already. Well, literally too
After having lived on the edge for the past few months, few things have suddenly started having more meaning to them than I can think of. Like getting up at 630 in the morning, feeling the not-yet-winter cold breeze here, trying to help cook, the need for a place to stay, thinking of how to spend the weekend fruitfully by doing something or rather anything other than mall walking. Drives to and from the office, though not really drives serve as a pleasant reminder to appreciate what you get, especially the cool breeze unlike A.
After having made the decision of moving to B rather than B, though the period is only 6 months, I wasn't too sure of what I was doing. Not that I am even now. But I've already met a few amazing people, had the best of homemade food and a wonderful time, though I hardly understand what these 8 crazy guys keep talking . All I do is smile and respond when each one of them says "Hi Sam" after I return home everyday. Strange it may be, but somethings are just meant to happen to you. I came to B thinking I would brush up on my mother tongue skills, but have already started learning something else altogether. "Yenaku konjum konjum Taamil teriyu. Though it is romba kashtam as of now. Tamil nalla eriuku". It is similar even on the work front. My first love is a little distant and I might have to two time her for HTML, CSS, indexing and a few other not so PYTs. Meanwhile the "unwritten" song is some sort of an addiction in addition to "boost" and chips at the cafeteria and sambhar at home.
Y! may be far behind G in terms of its innovative powers and simplicity. But when the co-founder of one of the top 5 IT companies to work for, comes for an internal event and is as enthusiastic as the participants, meets them, sees their work and congratulates each and every team member, then it definitely shows a human side of the corporate world. Ok ok I'm not playing an advocate of Y! here, just giving a first hand account.
And now I hear that I might have to shift to another Y! office on the 9th floor of a new building. It is the newest sibling of the Y! family at B. One thing, the view from there is awesome. If it was one thing that could motivate me this has to be it.
Oh btw, I'm leaving home today :(
Thanks for all the laughs, the food and a lovely time
Dedicated to : Anna, Arun, Aaya, Pmk, Ram, Kamti, Savan, Adham, Prabhu.....adaa paavi....2 times!!
1 comment:
hey!
you never leave 'home!' its kinda lik ehotel california of the animal planet... you can checkin any time you want but you will never leave.. anytime.. years later.. if you ever get back to B.. theres always a place waiting. thats y its called home man!
if you can bare us.. u are welcome to call it yours! :)
Post a Comment